Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am having a bad time trying get my cox supplied netgear wireless router to run on one computer.

6gkids
Aspirant

I am having a bad time trying get my cox supplied netgear wireless router to run on one computer.

I have one computer and one printer. Cox never showed me how to even set it up. I've called them for help and got nowhere.  I have a cg3000d wireless and I have it hardwired.  Right now with my printer uninstalled, I just keep getting the wired named network and also the default factory network name on my network and sharing center, with one wanting to be home and one public.  I keep factory defaulting to see if it can be fixed.  The reason I unplugged my printer for now, is that when I had it hooked up, it constantly came up as a wsd printer in infrastructure mode, so it was either in infrastructure or the computers on the network map.  I thought it was the printer causing ther problem.  I've had a lot of problems  with my printer trying to be a router, or a computer or showing up in the network map as one or the other at different times.  There are also a printer and scanner of the same unit at the bottom, sometimes the one is in both computers and infrastructure, and sometimes the printer is in the main pc spot on the left and broadcasting, leading to my pc, to a switch, to a modem to gateway to the internet. It changes often, and I believe that the printer is working as an outside domain.  I have just reached a point where I can't do anymore. I need step by step help.  I did put a message out here day before yesterday, but somehow never saw a reply.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I am having a bad time trying get my cox supplied netgear wireless router to run on one computer

Hello 6gkids

So are you trying to connect the PC and the Printer via wireless or are both of them on the wired network?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
6gkids
Aspirant

Re: I am having a bad time trying get my cox supplied netgear wireless router to run on one computer

Darren, I just replied to you from my email account and posted, then signed in. I can't see where my blurb reply is.  I might have to type it all over. I will try to put a screen shot on this page. I hope I'm not really screwing things up, but this is a problem I need to get fixed.  Ok, i fyou did not see the reply I sent you about an hour ago, let me know.  Not sure if you find those or not.  New at this really. Maybe I posted it as a new question.

Windows 7 Home premium, Cox Cable. Netgear cg3000d, Dell Inspiron 570, Epson Workforce 545 series

Anyway, gist of it is my pc only sees the default ssid name and stays connected to it.  It is connected via ethernet. I've changed the ssid and password several times in past few days (after default restore of course) and everything else connects wirelessly to the router's new ssid and password, but the pc seems to be always connected to the ethernet cable. I've gone into the interface to check the mac and ip settings and my pc in both shows up with an interface of ethernet swithc lan 4.  Shouldn't it say 802.11?  My other devices on there are 801.11. 

Can't get a printer on here at all anymore, but when i connected it before, I just downloaded the epson 545 series printer w/drivers. Then it soon turned into a Epson6422c7 which downloaded its own drivers, with epson status, had a google cloud print configuration url even as google cloud print was disabled as well as epson connect.  It always stated there was a problem with connection of the network.  This printer would go straight to wsd port eventhough i chose lpt1.  I don't know if this is part of the problem, but I've had this printer issue for as long as I remember and have had problems with all my routers in the past. Most recently Centurylink, which the status sheet still shows sometimes. Hope it helps to solve problem.  Thanks.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PC
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D0-67-E5-06-4A-D0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:04:43 AM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 1:34:46 PM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.105.28.11
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{92542916-2D59-4FFD-99AF-2B1D48425C78}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0