Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Keeps Dropping / Disconnecting

terrbearcares
Aspirant

Internet Keeps Dropping / Disconnecting

Hello Everyone,

We've had this equipment for about two years and at first we suspected it was just our location and internet service provider was the source of the unreliable connection.  It was until we moved again that we continue to have the same issues.  Internet would intermittently drop especially when under load (heavy downloading or streaming). Signal strength has been strong through out the homes, green light across the board on the equipment and I've include te snap shot of the current status I'm pulling from my Modem Router:

Hardware Version 1.02
Firmware Version: V1.02.01
CM Certificate: INstalled
DHCP: ON

Some stuff I found on th event log:
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-MAC=14:59:c0:6b:9f:40;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=14:59:c0:6b:9f:40;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:b2:6e:6e;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=14:59:c0:6b:9f:40;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:b2:6e:6e;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I've restarted, rebooted, and unplugged my cable modem numerous of times. The coax cable is directly connected to the wall with no splitters, and I've checked with my internet service provider (Xfinity) and they've informed me it's good on their end. Trying to see if there is anything else I can do before I pull the trigger on a new cable / modem (I'm open to any suggestions for a more reliable equipment). Thank you! 

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
terrbearcares
Aspirant

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping / Disconnecting

After checking each individual channel for both 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequency and isolating the network to those specific channels, internet seems to be more stable and faster. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

do you have your "enable extended upstream power level button" clicked? 

Your downstream levels are a bit low. they should optimially be between -7.5dbmv and 7.5dbmv.  You're not showing errors but its not meaning they aren't there. T3 errors tend to be line/signal issues. 

Do devices that are hardwired have issue? Just wireless devices? or both? 

Message 2 of 4
terrbearcares
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response, I do have the "enable extended upstream power level box" checked. I haven't had any issues really when I connect the ethernet cable to the box directly, but at the same time I've only used the hard wire method 5% of the time compared to me using the wifi 95% daily. 

Message 3 of 4
terrbearcares
Aspirant

After checking each individual channel for both 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequency and isolating the network to those specific channels, internet seems to be more stable and faster. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7