Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Just Looking for Recommednations

Trixie557
Follower

Just Looking for Recommednations

Just looking for recommendations.  I purchased the CM700 High Speed Cable Modem in June 2020.  I have no problem with it at all, but would like to update the Router that I am using (which is supplied by the cable company).  I just want recommendations as to which Router(s) I should consider which will be compatible with my Modem.  I don't want to spend $$$, when $ or $$ will suffice.  Thanks!!

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 3
rafale7
Apprentice

It depends on the size of your house ,how many devices you will have and the type of wiring you have really.

If you are looking for something relatively simple with a typical <50 wifi <100 total devices home any basic router will do.

If you want to be future proof, I would start looking at the latest AX offering. (RAX40/RAX80)

Given the fact that you have a CM700, you will likely be able to hit gigabit internet speed. (honestly the CM700 makes no sense vs the CM600 because it pushes your cable speed beyond the 1gbps limitation to then limit it with the gigabit port to 1gbps so technically you can't gain anything.)

If you however can benefit from multigig network structure, the RAX120, RAX200 along with their Asus counterparts AX89X and GT AX11000 are the picks to consider.

At this point of time, I would no longer consider any AC offering to be honest.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

If you don't have any AX devices or support for AX wifi, you would be best served by getting into a Netgears R series or Orbi wifi mesh system. R series like R7800 to R8000 are good routers. 

Other non NG router like D-LInks DIR-882 or DIR-2660 are good routers as well and 1Gb WAN To LAN supporting for fairly inexpensive routers. 

@Trixie557 wrote:

Just looking for recommendations.  I purchased the CM700 High Speed Cable Modem in June 2020.  I have no problem with it at all, but would like to update the Router that I am using (which is supplied by the cable company).  I just want recommendations as to which Router(s) I should consider which will be compatible with my Modem.  I don't want to spend $$$, when $ or $$ will suffice.  Thanks!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7