Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Log codes and internet disconnections

Soul22
Tutor

Log codes and internet disconnections

C7800 errors and disconnects
Log code says: critical 3 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=44:a5:6e:b4:62:48;CMTS-MAC=00:a3:d1:5d:61:5b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

What on earth does that mean? There’s a lot more but the majority are error code 3 is that a system issue or an ISP issue
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Log codes and internet disconnections

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 7
Soul22
Tutor

All of that has been done. I’m trying to determine what the critical log code 3 means and can’t find the info anywhere.
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe @plemans may know this...

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Take a screen snip of the full event logs as well as the cable connections page and post them back here. You'll have to do more than 1 post (use the "choose file" method or we can't see it for several days)

Message 5 of 7
Soul22
Tutor

Finally the ISP admitted they were having issues and there’s a known outage in my area. So it’s a a dead issue know. T3 and T4 connection issues
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Thanks for updating us.  

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7