Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking to give my internet a stable IP and get it to where my game consoles are NAT type 1

Kidpiff
Follower

Looking to give my internet a stable IP and get it to where my game consoles are NAT type 1

I need help configuring my modem router I want it to where my game consoles are nat type 1 and still keep my security also want it to where it doesn’t kick me from red dead online as well
Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Looking to give my internet a stable IP and get it to where my game consoles are NAT type 1

To get NAT type 1 you would need a modem only unit with out a built in router.

If you have a built in router/gateway or a stand alone modem with a external wifi router, the max you'll ever see is NAT type 2 in that configuration. 

NAT type 2 is support nat type for PS console gaming and doesnt' effect any gaming performances. 

It's preferred that gaming consoles are LAN cable connected to the modem/gateway/router for best gaming performances. 

@Kidpiff wrote:
I need help configuring my modem router I want it to where my game consoles are nat type 1 and still keep my security also want it to where it doesn’t kick me from red dead online as well

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7