Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Model C6250 2.4 ghz drops internet connection

noah_swett
Aspirant

Model C6250 2.4 ghz drops internet connection

The arris dg3260 I rent from my provider works great. I bought this unit to try and save a few bucks on my internet bill.

I only have trouble with the 2.4 ghz band, the 5 ghz and Lan work fine.

I run a makeshift smart home. (Amazon Echo, SmartHub, lights , etc) and all of my devices, including my phone, loose the internet connection on the 2.4 ghz band.

I have a few neighbors with WiFi, but I made sure to set the channel to one they aren’t using. (Channel 11)

Please help I’m about ready to go Office Space on this thing.
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Did you try other channels? It could be that something is broadcasting on channel 11 periodically thats overwhelming it. 

Message 2 of 7
noah_swett
Aspirant

Good thought, but yes I have. It didn’t change anything.

One additional note, speed tests either via app or web browser start fairly strong but quickly slow to a full stop about halfway through. I’ve tried the tests on multiple devices and even different apps, with no success. Again only on the 2.4 ghz band.
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a simple factory reset? 

Message 4 of 7
Kitsap
Master

Electronic items like cordless telephones and microwave ovens routinely generate interference in the 2.4 GHz band.  In particular if the items are older or are in close physical proximity to other devices on your LAN.

Message 5 of 7
noah_swett
Aspirant

Yes, I’ve tried that. No luck though.
Message 6 of 7
noah_swett
Aspirant

Good to know about the interference! I had not thought about that, but I doubt that’s the issue here. There aren’t any other electronics near the router, and it affects all my devices in various locations. Even my phone sitting right next to it drops off.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7