Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 (Model: C3000) suddenly stopped receiving internet

akazuba
Aspirant

N300 (Model: C3000) suddenly stopped receiving internet

Hi,

I have had my N300 WiFi Cable Modem Router (Model: C3000) for about 16 months without a problem. A few days ago I suddenly lost wireless internet. I noticed that the router had reset itself to its factory SSID "NETGEAR62." I accessed routerlogin.net to set my SSID and password back. However, although my various devices were still receiving the wireless signal with full strength and I could access routerlogin.net, no internet was being transmitted (that light was not illuminated on the router). I tried doing full power cycles as well as restoring factory defaults, no improvements.

I called Time Warner several times, and they tried remote fixes but nothing helped. After 48 hours they finally sent a technician. He struggled to diagnose the problem, working inside and outside my home, and finally he connected a different TWC router, which received internet just fine. He told me that my modem was faulty and that I would need to replace it. I asked why it would suddenly stop working after I've had it for a year with no trouble, and he said sometimes they just do that. 

Is this correct, that the router would entirely stop working after only 16 months? Or is there something else going on? I have the other TWC router connected at this time, but I'd like to know if my Netgear C3000 is total garbage, or could I at least try to resell it.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N300 (Model: C3000) suddenly stopped receiving internet

Hello akazuba

I would contact netgear phone support and check to see if the modem is still under warranty if it is and the unit is faulty then it can be replaced under warranty. 

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
akazuba
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. It is no longer under warranty. The warranty was one year and this modem is 16 months old. My question is is it natural for it to conk out entirely after 16 months? Is it worth trying to resell to someone if perhaps it's just a problem with my own connection?

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello akazuba

I cant really put a life span on it but in my experience with technology and computers things just sometimes stop working I have had expensive pieces of hardware die on me and cheap so yea these kinda things can happen.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
akazuba
Aspirant

OK. Thank you for your input.

Message 5 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

hi Akazuba,

Please PM me on this.