Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 modem router comb

jlfryar1
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 modem router comb

ATT doesn’t allow unPnP, so I’m using my combo as a bridge. The internet works but I can’t access the router IP page and I need to get in because my NAT type is moderate and I need open.
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Can access the modems web page at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 in a web browser? 

Message 2 of 5
jlfryar1
Aspirant

Neither works when I try to access those pages I just get timed out every time. I can’t even access them from a laptop that’s plugged into the C6300. It’s strange. All I want to do is fix the freaking NAT on my Xbox and open it. I have to use AT&T’s modem but I was told I could bridge with my C6300. I’m lost
Message 3 of 5
jlfryar1
Aspirant

By the way the ATT connection is fiber so it has an ONT. the ONT goes into the ATT modem/router it’s an Arris BGW210-700
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, then well you can't use the C series modem at all. Even in bridge mode. This model modem needs a coax cable line from a cable ISP. When in bridge mode this mode turns off and disables the router and wifi portion of the C series modem, leaving just the modem working. Your ISP is using fiber ONT to a Arris modem router combo unit.

So either you can use the Arris modem router combo as your host router and wifi, your you can connect up a external wifi router like a NG Nighhawk or Orbi wifi MESH system. Though you'll be in a double nat condition unless you use the modems DMZ or IP pass thru for the down stream router OR use the Arris modem as your main host router and disable the wifi radios and configure the NG router for AP mode which is an option. I would recommend the latter. 

Another suggestion is:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Orbi-AX-6000-and-AT-amp-T-fiber-gateway-issue/m-p/1890125/h...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series