Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Speed

FURRYe38
Guru

Does the switch panel mean the lan ports in back of the CAX30 that you know of? 

Hmm..

So looks good now for logs. No Criticals and such since the CAX30 was reset or power cycled. Power levels are good with no correctables and uncorrectables. Looks good here. 

Message 26 of 39
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Correct
Message 27 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Haven't seen this kind of behavior with my CAX30 that's online now but I don't use Guest Network either. I'll see if I can check on this. If you enable GN again does the speed drop, then disable GN, speed go back up? 

So all is working good now? 

Message 28 of 39
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Yes, everything is running smoothly. As mentioned earlier, I’m adjusting my settings one by one to pinpoint any factors causing speed drops or at least trace them back. So far, the only issue I’ve identified is enabling my guest network. It’s worth noting that I tested it only once—when I noticed the speed drop, my main focus was promptly restoring it.
Message 29 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. if you get a chance to try that again, please post results. GN should not interfere with LAN ports I would presume. 

Message 30 of 39
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Right, but definitely was that or maybe an issue related to how it was enabled which to answer that, I enabled it on 192.168.1.1 guest network option tab and set it up, this time, with default wpa 2 which before was wpa 3, and passwords. Nothing else was done and the speed dropped for the PS5 lan connection. The FW, btw was released late last year, I think, and is v2.2.1.11
Message 31 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, thank you for the details. I'll do some checking on this. 

Message 32 of 39
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Tank you very much! You have been most helpful with this issue!
Message 33 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

For now, Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 34 of 39
RajkrishanS
Tutor

I’ll attempt that once more, but in the past, it wouldn’t let me save, and I can’t recall the reason stated by the admin interface. Also, it might be noteworthy that its default time zone is Arizona. When I tried changing it to Mountain Time, it didn’t accept the adjustment. I reverted to Arizona and ensured the “auto update daylight savings” was enabled, although I’m not certain if this is a cause for concern.
Message 35 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Happens in MS Edge, Opera and Firefox?

If your using Safari, disable IP Tracking in networking on Apple Mac networking. I think this causes Safari to not work right when saving off router config to file.

Message 36 of 39
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Just so happens I actually downloaded opera 10 minutes ago to try, but it didn’t even produce any dialogue or anything
Message 37 of 39
RajkrishanS
Tutor

Oh ps5 speeds are still above 830 mbps and as far as the video game… major pvp event currently going on in a game I play notorious for lag and experienced none! Elderscrolls Online!
Message 38 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 39 of 39
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7