FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - CAX80 Firmware Version 2.1.4.2 Released

👍

Message 27 of 39
kay7711226
Aspirant

Can't comment on the firmware part of my issues however, after powering my modem of then back on not for anything can I get it working. Experiencing similar issues as mentioned here. Factor reset seems not working since my wifi ID remains same after reset and cannot login into the modem with 192.168.1.1 or www.routerlogin.net tried it hardwired on a PC and on a laptop. For the past 5 hrs I've been at it with no luck. What other options do I have?
Message 28 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Had you updated to v2.1.4.2?

Had the modem been working before? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

@kay7711226 wrote:
Can't comment on the firmware part of my issues however, after powering my modem of then back on not for anything can I get it working. Experiencing similar issues as mentioned here. Factor reset seems not working since my wifi ID remains same after reset and cannot login into the modem with 192.168.1.1 or www.routerlogin.net tried it hardwired on a PC and on a laptop. For the past 5 hrs I've been at it with no luck. What other options do I have?

Message 29 of 39
kay7711226
Aspirant

I did not do any manual updates - not sure if the unit does it automatically? Modem was working fine until today. Only thing I did was unplug power and reconnect, since I've been stuck in a loop of factory resets and power cycling trying to login to the modem. Strange thing is I can get internet access on some websites. I can remotely reboot the modem from ISP app Xfinity. However cannot login into modem and cannot get onto wifi to use nighthawk app to configure it.
Message 30 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Make contact with NG support.

Message 31 of 39
kay7711226
Aspirant

Ok thanks I will, if I get any updates will feedback.

Someone posted about manually trying to upload firmware should I give it a try? 2 questions from that procedure the file when downloaded is not a .img or .chk it's a .bin. and it mentions unplugging and plugging back in and wait for power light to turn orange that never happens (when does it turn orange?)
Message 32 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

If you can log into the modems web page long enough to send the .bin  file to the modems FW update web page. try it. 

Do not unplug the modem from power. 

Message 33 of 39
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Sabbah13,

Good day!

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the modem. We would like to endorse you to NETGEAR Level 2 support team for a callback. Please provide the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (at least 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 34 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 35 of 39
Nothappy22
Aspirant

Same issue.
Message 36 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

As? Not very detailed? 

Can you explain more? 

@Nothappy22 wrote:
Same issue.

Message 37 of 39
rlfarr
Aspirant

FURRYe38,

Does new firmware 2.1.5.2 cause problems with the early beta CAX80. Thank you.

Message 38 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

It should not. Mines loaded with it. 

There was an issue with beta having older boot loader code that would cause a problem with newer FW. I helped test this out with mine and NG fixed it. 

@rlfarr wrote:

FURRYe38,

Does new firmware 2.1.5.2 cause problems with the early beta CAX80. Thank you.

Message 39 of 39
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7