Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX30 only "1 2 3 4" lights on

ThatDudeIan
Initiate

Nighthawk CAX30 only "1 2 3 4" lights on

Just got a brand new Nighthawk CAX30. Plugged it with power cord and coax cable, lights flashed and blinked at first but now only solid " 1 2 3 4" lights are on, not even the power light comes on. Unplugged and plugged back it and no blinking or flashing of the other lights anymore, it just goes straight to those "1 2 3 4" lights being solidly on. Pressing reset button on back didn't work. Pretty PO'ed, this is a $400 router/modem, I'd expect nothing but a premium product at that price point.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX30 only "1 2 3 4" lights on

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

Disconnect the ISP coax line from the modem. Perform a 30-30-30 reset. Does this clear the LED condition at all? 

If it seems to clear the LED condition, re-connect the ISP coax line to the modem and see if you can walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser at 192.168.1.1.

If not, please reach out to @DarrenM 

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If the unit still does not respond after a full reset then I suggest returning the unit for a new one or you can contact our support for an RMA of the unit. https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
ThatDudeIan
Initiate

Thanks, unfortunately it didn't. The "1 2 3 4" lights stayed on solidly through holding the reset button for 30 seconds.. and again for 40 seconds (my ocd made me think I counted 30 seconds too quickly). It's DOA.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, hoped maybe but lets get in contact with NG support. 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7