Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CM1100 Proper Configuration

djternan
Aspirant

Nighthawk CM1100 Proper Configuration

I've been having intermittent disconnects since my ISP's network went down on 3/3/2021.  My ISP (WOW) refused to investigate further until I confirm with Netgear that my modem is properly configured.  I posted this topic once but can no longer find it.

My Cable Connection page is attached.  A technician from the ISP verified that the physical configuration is correct, at least from where the coax enters my house to where it plugs into the modem.  Is there anything else that I can change, besides the starting frequency?

I'm on the latest firmware, V2.01.02.

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CM1100 Proper Configuration

The modem only has a few limited user features. Disable LAG on the modem. ALL other configurations and signals UP to the modem are handled by the ISP. Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly. This is there responsbility.  Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box.  Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

The modem only has a few limited user features. Disable LAG on the modem. ALL other configurations and signals UP to the modem are handled by the ISP. Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly. This is there responsbility.  Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box.  Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 4
djternan
Aspirant

Thank you.  I have ethernet port aggregation disabled if that's what you mean by LAG.

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

yes.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation