Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NighthawkAC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

loretto3
Aspirant

NighthawkAC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Printer unable to communicate with server. The router is set up and working and the Wi-Fi network is working on the printer but printing blank pages. 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: NighthawkAC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

@loretto3 wrote:

Trying to print from my Dell Laptop (Windows 10), and attempting to print out some PDF files in my documents folder.

Printer info says its receiving a clear signal from my network but only getting blank pages when I attempt to print. Ink cartridges have significant supply.  Error message that I'm receiving is that my printer is unable to commuinicate with my server. Went into my Netgear admin settings and it does listmy printer and other devices getting a WiFi signal.

The printer is an HP 5200 All-In-One series Officejet printer. The warranty has expred but it was working perfectly fine until I was notified by my internet provider, Xfinity, that there had been a security breach affecting its users and recommended I change my password, which I did by going to my Xfinity account. I contacted Xfinity and they sent a signal to my router but I'm still unable to print out anything but blank pages.

In attempting to figure out the problem, I've probably somehow corrupted the printing program that I had loaded into my laptop. .I may need to seek help from someone who can actually sit down with me in my home. It woud appear my cable modem router is properly working.

Windows uses printer drivers to print and HP has a utility program to configure printing over Wi-Fi.  A problem with either one could produce the results you are seeing.

I agree, it appears your cable modem router is working properly.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact the Manufacturer of the printer about. 

Ask about driver installation, updates and configuration for the printer. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 7
loretto3
Aspirant

Printer is working. Believe the inability tiocommunicate with the server is a router issue, but unable to resolve. 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

IF the printer is connecting and WiFi is working on the printer and you've printed from your device and it's printing blank pages, then this is something in the driver or drive and PC configuration. Something to ask the Mfr about. 

Message 4 of 7
Kitsap
Master

Additional information could prove to be helpful.

What type of device are you trying to print from?  A computer (Windows or Mac) or a mobile device (Android or iOS).

What program are you trying to print from?

Does your printer print fine from devices connected via Ethernet or USB?

What are you trying to print?  Text or graphics, color or black and white?

How did you connect your printer to the Wi-Fi?  Did you use WPS?  Did you use a printer utility program?  What is the brand name of the printer?

Message 5 of 7
loretto3
Aspirant

Trying to print from my Dell Laptop (Windows 10), and attempting to print out some PDF files in my documents folder.

Printer info says its receiving a clear signal from my network but only getting blank pages when I attempt to print. Ink cartridges have significant supply.  Error message that I'm receiving is that my printer is unable to commuinicate with my server. Went into my Netgear admin settings and it does listmy printer and other devices getting a WiFi signal.

The printer is an HP 5200 All-In-One series Officejet printer. The warranty has expred but it was working perfectly fine until I was notified by my internet provider, Xfinity, that there had been a security breach affecting its users and recommended I change my password, which I did by going to my Xfinity account. I contacted Xfinity and they sent a signal to my router but I'm still unable to print out anything but blank pages.

In attempting to figure out the problem, I've probably somehow corrupted the printing program that I had loaded into my laptop. .I may need to seek help from someone who can actually sit down with me in my home. It woud appear my cable modem router is properly working.

Message 6 of 7
Kitsap
Master

@loretto3 wrote:

Windows uses printer drivers to print and HP has a utility program to configure printing over Wi-Fi.  A problem with either one could produce the results you are seeing.

I agree, it appears your cable modem router is working properly.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7