Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet Nighthawk c7800

Bixquick33
Aspirant

No internet Nighthawk c7800

No internet connection. Upstream light blinking continously. Called sparklight everything works on their end. Tech came out checked the lines everything good there. No splitters. Currently only one channel is locking. I need help troubleshooting
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No internet Nighthawk c7800

Factory reset the modem. Press the reset button for 10 seconds then release then setup from scratch. 

@vkdelta 

Message 2 of 6
jhpizza
Aspirant

The modem is a piece of junk. I’m on my 3rd one since June. I have been on the phone 15-20 times. No refund, just keep sending replacements. I tried to get them to send me a stand alone router. No luck. I spent $450 on c7800 plus pro support.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What problems are you having with the C7800 modem? 

@jhpizza wrote:
The modem is a piece of junk. I’m on my 3rd one since June. I have been on the phone 15-20 times. No refund, just keep sending replacements. I tried to get them to send me a stand alone router. No luck. I spent $450 on c7800 plus pro support.

Message 4 of 6
Bixquick33
Aspirant

I agree. I tried factory resetting it multiple times. I didn't have netgear support, but I didn't think I would need it. The modem/router was barely a year old. This was my last netgear purchase, other companies provide free support and warranties, Netgear does not. I didn't want to deal with this type of issue again.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If your having line problems, this would be a cause of what your seeing.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

@Bixquick33 wrote:
I agree. I tried factory resetting it multiple times. I didn't have netgear support, but I didn't think I would need it. The modem/router was barely a year old. This was my last netgear purchase, other companies provide free support and warranties, Netgear does not. I didn't want to deal with this type of issue again.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7