Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Only one upstream channel locked

JohnVecoli
Aspirant

Only one upstream channel locked

I have a C6250 and recently my upstream has only locked once channel. I don’t know if it’s isp related or on my end of the internet. This started happening about a week ago and I never had an issue prior to that. Occasionally my upstream will blink green and my internet gets worse then goes back to solid amber.
Message 1 of 3
JohnVecoli
Aspirant

Re: Only one upstream channel locked

JohnVecoli_0-1667697779924.png

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Only one upstream channel locked

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

You upstream/downstream values aren't where'd I'd expect them if you had a clean line. Reason why is you're on the higher end of the downstream values. Meaning you are either close to the hub or are using an amplifier. But your upstream values are indicating its needing a bit of power to communicate back to the cmts. So its either further away or something in the line is causing signal attenauation. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7