Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Power adapter for CM1000, what is the model number?

3fun
Aspirant

Power adapter for CM1000, what is the model number?

Is there a nice soul who is willing to unplug their CM1000 power supply from the wall and share its model number?  It should look something similar to this or at least in similar format (this is info from 12V/1.5A power supply for CM1000v2):

P/N 332-10751-01
Model: AD2032F10

Type: 007LF

The question is simple: what is the model number of the power adapter used for CM1000 modem? 

I have to buy a new one, long story...  I know it has to have output of 12V and 2.5A, it is on the modem itself.  Many different Netgear power adapters have that same 12V voltage and 2.5A amperage, however their connectors are different sizes.  So I cannot just buy any power adapter because there is a good chance it will not fit, I was told it has to be the exact model built for CM1000.   There is nothing on the company site about the power adapter specs.

Already tried reaching out to the official support and got useless information over the phone (was told to buy any 12V adapter and then hung up on me) and email (sent me an excerpt from: https://kb.netgear.com/000028995/Information-about-the-power-adapters-on-NETGEAR-products).

Thank you in advance.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Most power adapters for NG use same plug for CM modems. 

Here is my CM1100 info:

IMG_0940.jpg

Fits my CM1200 as well. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

As long as the voltage and amps are same and find the same plug that fits the modem, you'll be fine. Most of the CM series modems all use the same plug end:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=netgear+cm1000+power+supply&crid=2I3IN4AWDBIXQ&sprefix=cm1000+power+%2Cap...

Message 2 of 6
3fun
Aspirant

Thanks for trying to help.  Buying power adapters online until I receive one that fits the size is a lottery not a real solution.

Voltage and amperage are known.  It is the size of the connector barrel that is in question and the only way to know upfront is to have the model #. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Most power adapters for NG use same plug for CM modems. 

Here is my CM1100 info:

IMG_0940.jpg

Fits my CM1200 as well. 

Message 4 of 6

@3fun wrote:

Voltage and amperage are known.  It is the size of the connector barrel that is in question and the only way to know upfront is to have the model #. 

An alternative is to buy an adapter with a set of tips. Widely available.

Generic adapterGeneric adapter

Message 5 of 6
3fun
Aspirant

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I needed.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7