Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: QOS on C6230 Cable Modem Router

Jacksonville
Aspirant

QOS on C6230 Cable Modem Router

Have a C6230 (Cable Modem Router) would like to assign device priority or limit bandwidth to devices so the individuals who live and die by Snapchat stop consuming 90% of the bandwidth.  Don't see Qos available in the settings on my C6230.  Don't want to limit their access to set hours of a day just want them to have a lower priority to WI_FI than other devices in the household.  Can this be accomplished on a C6230?  If so how (detailed instructions or documentation, please).  I have checked the community and other sources and everything I've seen is for other devices than my C6230 and they lead you to believe that if can be done on ALL Netgear products. But I don't see anything on mine.  Do I need to add software to the router?

Thanks

Jim

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

I don't believe that device had qos. Many of the modem/router combo devices didn't. 

But if it'd did, this guide would go over it. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24266/How-to-enable-Quality-of-Service-QoS-on-routers-using-the-NETGEAR-web-i...

Message 2 of 4
Jacksonville
Aspirant

Yup looks like it doesn't have it.  Next question does ANY cable modem router solution offer Qos (Netgear or other??).

Thanks

Jim

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

There's plenty that do, just not that model. There's an "applies to" in the prior article. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7