Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Looks like Nighthawk is abandoned

AULadyTiger
Follower

I'd have to agree at this point. Checked the support pages for the firmware update, because I can't force a firmware update and it says it has to come from my ISP. I have had absolutely no luck logging in via the app, and even less luck logging in from the computer. When I orginally set up this modem/router, I had no issues whatsoever with logging in and getting up to date and ready to roll. Now, I've rolled back to the original Netgear control panel from over a decade ago and the options that were available, are no longer available. I'm a little upset at this point. I prefer to make sure that all firmware updates are done myself and not rely on someone else to do so, because they don't do it. Time to do better Netgear. I shouldn't be fighting with my phone to be able to access my modem/router. I shouldn't have to drag my pc out to do it, and I should be able to force the firmware update myself. If people don't know how to properly setup their stuff, it shouldn't penalize the rest of us. Please bring back my options and upgraded interface.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

@AULadyTiger wrote:

Checked the support pages for the firmware update, because I can't force a firmware update and it says it has to come from my ISP.

That is for cable modems, including your C7000. The ISPs control that.

We don't know what device @aetrcsom has. But they posted in the section for  Nighthawk WiFi Routers which means that it has very little to do with your C7000, which has its own section.

That has always been the case. You won't have done any firmware updates on your C7000 so I don't know what this means:

When I orginally set up this modem/router, I had no issues whatsoever with logging in and getting up to date and ready to roll.

What does "up to date" mean? It won't have been the firmware.

Then there is this bit:

Now, I've rolled back to the original Netgear control panel from over a decade ago and the options that were available, are no longer available.

The "control panel", if you mean the the browser interface for the C7000, hasn't changed since you bought the modem/router. Nothing to roll back to. That is because it depends on the firmware. And, catch 22 (see above), that hasn't changed since you installed the modem/router.

We don't know what device @aetrcsom has. But they posted in the section for  Nighthawk WiFi Routers which means that it has very little to do with your C7000, which has its own section.

Please bring back my options and upgraded interface.

Unless you can explain what that means, no one can help you.

As explained, there have been no changes in the way that the C7000 works since it first came out in 2015. That is down to the stranglehold that the ISP's have over cable modems connected to their networks.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7