Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out : Firmware issue?

crowtx
Follower

I had been having intermittent internet issues with my old Orib router and recently upgraded to the CBR750 so I could leverage 1 gig speeds offered by my provider.  Soon after a month of solid use I began getting the T3 time-out errors.  I called netgear support and tried several things they suggesting and they recommended I have a technician come out so I began troubleshooting my configuration.  I have a splitter so I decided to plug directly into the line coming into the house.  When I did the the T3 errors on router startup went away so I began by adding the adding the splitter and then second connection to the splitter (which still worked) and identified a bad cable between my splitter and modem.  Once I swapped it out for a different one (and purchased a new quality one) I have not had any issues.  I hope this helps someone since it's important to have quality cables. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Quality cables and good connectors are one of the key things we have users check with having t3 errors. Good sleuthing on your part!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7