Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Review of how the Netgear CM3000 is performing!

donawalt
Virtuoso

Review of how the Netgear CM3000 is performing!

Since the Netgear CM3000 is new, and I promised to report back on how it was doing on a mid-split network, I started this thread. Feel free to chip in!

Just to review since people still are asking, here is the current status of later Netgear modems:
CM3000 - just released, fully supports mid-split on Xfinity network. It's on Xfinity's "Next Gen Speed Tier" list.

CM2050V - does not currently support mid-split upload speeds. It did, but Xfinity yanked the firmware revision and blocked the necessary OFDMA upload channel due to network errors and user problems for this and a number of other modems. Rumor is, this modem is in the re-certification process, hopefully it will be recertified and back on Xfinity's "Next Gen Speed Tier" list.

CM2000 - has never had firmware support for mid-split speeds. There has been nno communication from Netgear on whether it wil eventually support mid-split (which requires certification). 

So on to the CM300 operation - after a day and a half of using the Netgear CM3000. Speeds are good, I get 2300-2450 D/L and 235-250 U/L at the router, WiFi easily gets 230 U/L almost anywhere in the house - mid-stream is working well! As you can see in my stats below, power levels are good, errors are ZERO! It looks a lot like the CM2000 or CM2050V in power and SNR levels.

I have had 2 T3 errors, both in the middle of separate nights - could be some network tweaking, I remember seeing T3's on mid-stream with the 2050V before its mid-split support  was pulled, so something to watch out for. With the 2050V I got about 3-5 T3s a week, and I didn't have the network problems some reporting having. The T3 errors and been no impact to use of the network though.

Check out the stats, looks pretty clean!

Message 1 of 2
donawalt
Virtuoso

Re: Review of how the Netgear CM3000 is performing!

I ran this test, this morning, from a MacBook Pro Ethernet-linked to the RBR960 router via a Netgear GS348 switch. The switch and my cable limit download speed to 1Gbps, as my cable is Cat 5e. The upload speed is not limited, and I get that or close to it on Wifi most places in the house as I have excellent signal coverage (I used a signal analysis tool to find the best places for routers, I have posted on this process before here).

Check out  the image....

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7