Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Still randomly losing internet connection

BHerm24
Aspirant

Still randomly losing internet connection

I attached a snip of cable connection setting for my modem. My internet continues to randomly stop working the steps I have taken are.

1. Called my provider (Suddenlink) and they scheduled a tech to come out. He came out and said my upstream was too high and ran a new cable because there was noise in the line. At the time the first tech came out he told me the splitter that was in place needed to be there because without it the downstream would be too high. Well he left and the problem still continued.

2. Called Suddenlink and they brought out another Tech this time the tech said I didn't need the splitter because that was making my downstream good but my upstream too high so he removed it. Well problem is still happening which it seems to be less frequent it still happens.

I am coming to these forums to see if anyone with knowledge of this issue can point me in the direction I need to go to get this resolved. Is there something I can do or is there something that I need to have suddenlink do or can point the tech to fix so this doesn't keep happening? Any help would be appreciated.

Model: CM500-1AZNAS|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Still randomly losing internet connection

Well you have a ton of errors in your line. 

You're starting to run into a rock/hard place with suddenlink. They've checked the line but there's still issues.

so its either truly a line issue or you do have a modem issue. I'd be voting on the line issue but suddenlink starts to get bucky when they've already sent out techs 2x. 

If they do get problematic, I've rented a modem from them before and then they can't blame it on the 3rd party device. Once they get it fixed, then swap back to yours and return their modem. 

Message 2 of 5
BHerm24
Aspirant

This is a brand new modem out of box about a month ago. Also when first tech came out I took a screenshot and only errors I was getting on downstream was on channel 11 everything else was 0. 

Message 3 of 5
BHerm24
Aspirant

This did only start once I had the new modem though too. So maybe I just need to send it back?

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

it could be the modem, it could be when the last tech was checking the line, they actually loosened something. Wouldn't be the first time 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7