Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Totally Confused On this

May42
Aspirant

Totally Confused On this

I have a Netgear N300, model c300 Wifi cable modem router and on my phone it shows I'm Connected as NETGEAR60 exactly as it shows on my Desktop. However when I try to connect with my NEXUS Tablet which also displays NETGEAR60 it won't connect saying there is an authenticating problem.

I hit the Modify Network enter my password & still receive authenticating problem, and unable to connect

Is it possible the tablet has a different Netgear Password??............I'm lost.

Thanks for any & all Help............Jim 

Message 1 of 4

Re: Totally Confused On this

I assume that you mean C3000. (There is no C300 that I can see.)

@May42 wrote:

Is it possible the tablet has a different Netgear Password??............I'm lost.

Not really.

I assume that NETGEAR60 is the SSID.

You may have to tell the Nexus to forget the network and start from scratch. Perhaps it is remembering an old password.

Also check that the modem hasn't blocked the Nexus. See page 60 of the manual:

>>> C3000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

And if this is a "new generation" Nexus 2013 ensure that you use the right wifi band. This device has only 2.4GHz from the look of it.

Have you tries using the WPS wizard to connect?

Message 2 of 4
May42
Aspirant

Hi Michael, First of all many thanks, & as I've always told the kids, Some things you learn EASY, and Somethings you learn HARD, but learn you will...........It was an older Netgear Password & My original Netgear device password, rather then my Netgear Community Password............Totally enough to make you DRINK........... and a LOT I might Add.............but all is well now & thanks again, Jim aka May42    

Message 3 of 4

Don't beat yourself up. Anyone who claims that they have never made that sort of mistake is a liar.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7