Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the boot or startup sequence for a CMD31T cable modem?

kdegru
Aspirant

What is the boot or startup sequence for a CMD31T cable modem?

I have a unit that was given to me and I kept it on the shelf just in case.  Well now I have to swich my internet provider and it will be a cable provider and I wanted to use this modem if it works to save on the monthly rental.  I still have not been wired up yet for cable but I just wanted to know how this modem comes up after power is applied?  Do the front panel LEDS go through some kind of lamp test  boot up sequence.  All I see are all the LEDS are on very dimly and never change.  Kind of seems to me I have a dead box but the Netgear setup sheet seems to indicate you do not see the power and Online LEDs light until a connection is made with the cable provider which can take up to 15 minutes.  Can anyone describe the bootup sequence?

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: What is the boot or startup sequence for a CMD31T cable modem?

Hello kdegru

You should see the power light when plugged in and maybe 1 light blinking without a Internet connection once a cable connection is hooked up it should blink and go solid and move on to the next light and it will blink and then go solid until they all do to show it has a connection.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
kdegru
Aspirant

Re: What is the boot or startup sequence for a CMD31T cable modem?

DarreM:  Thanks for the confirmation about the startup routine on a CMD31T cable modem.  It seems I was unlucking in buying a used unit that will not boot up.  I took a chance thinking only a new power adapter would be needed but sadly this like new modem is truly dead and will not boot.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7