Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Working, Cannot Access Router

tdawg1987
Aspirant

WiFi Working, Cannot Access Router

I am at a loss. I changed my WiFi password earlier today and ever since then have been unable to access the router using routerlogin.net or the IP address. I did multiple factory resets, rebooted, and when I do that I can access the dashboard for a couple of minutes and connect with the phone app but after a few minutes no such luck. The app on my phone says it cannot find the router and multiple browsers don't work, unless I reboot... and then it's only about 2-3 minutes before I can no longer access.

I am on the correct WiFi, I have the correct IP... not sure what to do.

Message 1 of 7

Re: WiFi Working, Cannot Access Router

@tdawg1987 wrote:

I changed my WiFi password earlier today and ever since then have been unable to access the router using routerlogin.net or the IP address.

Access how?

WiFi? Wired?

Did you change the login password? That is not the same as the WiFi password.

The app on my phone says it cannot find the router and multiple browsers don't work, unless I reboot... and then it's only about 2-3 minutes before I can no longer access.

What is this phone app? iOS or Android?

Message 2 of 7
tdawg1987
Aspirant

Access as in I cannot access the dashboard via browser to change settings. The iPhone app tells me it cannot find the router.

I changed the WiFi password, not the login.

Just spent 3 hours on the phone with technical support and did another reset, same problem. After a few minutes I can no longer access the dashboard using routerlogin.net or the IP address… it lets me in for 5 minutes and then starts timing out.

Guess I’m going to get a new router.
Message 3 of 7

@tdawg1987 wrote:
Access as in I cannot access the dashboard via browser to change settings.

I'm afraid this still tells us next to nothing useful.

I assume that the "dashboard" is the browser graphical user interface (GUI) for your modem/router.

Is this over a wired or WiFi connection?

From what? A PC?

This is the most reliable way in.

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The IP address for the C7800 may not be the same.

What does " cannot access" mean? What happens when you try? Some sort of error message?

This is the first time you have mentioned an iPhone. Did your conversation with support include this?

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Oh. and the best place for help with cable modem/routers is probably here:

Cable Modems & Gateways - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try accessing the modems web page using a wired PC and web browser. 

@tdawg1987 wrote:

I am at a loss. I changed my WiFi password earlier today and ever since then have been unable to access the router using routerlogin.net or the IP address. I did multiple factory resets, rebooted, and when I do that I can access the dashboard for a couple of minutes and connect with the phone app but after a few minutes no such luck. The app on my phone says it cannot find the router and multiple browsers don't work, unless I reboot... and then it's only about 2-3 minutes before I can no longer access.

I am on the correct WiFi, I have the correct IP... not sure what to do.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

did you try using 192.168.100.1?

Message 6 of 7

@plemans wrote:

did you try using 192.168.100.1?

Good call. Typical default IP address for cable modem router.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7