Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

resetting my password help

timothybdorse
Follower

resetting my password help

My wonderful netgear C6300BD continues to work, however, I purchased a new Smart TV

and am unable to remember the password for my router in order to connect with the Vizio Smart TV... I need assistance... How (step by step) can I reset the password or retrieve my old password?  *My iPhone and PC work well with this great router! *I'm hoping a new router purchase is not necessary... Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: resetting my password help

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Then log in to routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1 using a wired PC and web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. Be sure write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: resetting my password help

2 things you could try  before going with a full factory reset. 

1. try logging into the router over a hardwired connection. that should let you access the gui to see/view the ssid/password.

Similar to this procedure. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

2. if you've already got a wireless connection on a phone, both android and apple have ways to find your wireless password on them. simply google for "android wireless password" or something like that and you should find a few results on how to do it. Might be faster than a factory reset. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7