Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk c7000v2, Scary situation (Legitimate intrusion)

SethNightHawk
Follower

nighthawk c7000v2, Scary situation (Legitimate intrusion)

Hello,

I had a router and modem by my ISP that started to act funny and I figred it was just cheap. So I bought one. When I completed activation I try to go to the control station (I forgot what it's called since I can't go back into it). The routerlogin.net site. When I FIRST login, it says basically the effect of "You are already signed in, if you continue it will sign them out". So I did. Then It was okay for a while. I noticed though, a new IP address was under mine in the section that showed the list of active devices. It was this IP. "[2600:6c4e:e7f:9000:82cc:9cff:feb3:48da]". Then I noticed it had no MAC of its own. It was blank. Almost as if it was emulating my device. Which I don't share. And never have. Never have used a public Wi-Fi either. LONG story short, I lost internet connection. I lost my "admin" status on my own laptop. There were, in Windows 10 terms "several" of the same Microsoft Edge browser. Which was fake by the way. I go "phished" every which way I went. The Microsoft edge? Yeah, that was msedge.exe (NOT GOOD) After I deleted literally almost 500,000 FILES from my computer I am doing better but he/she is back. Literally, every setting in my laptop changed from the firewall to the sensitivity of the mouse. We're talking EVERYTHING. I got permanently kicked out of my account and am now a "temporary guest" on my own computer... My phone has a Google play store that gets the message "DF-DFERH-01" "RETRY". I can't install anything, if I do Lord knows they control it. I can't get on the router website. Not able to download the netgear app from the app store. My phone echoes when I am on the phone because he also emulated that. I have "system" apps on there you would not believe lol. I have had phone calls hangup in the middle of me talking. ETC. MY Xbox is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi because it says it is hardwired in. ITS NOT. And the IP address it says it's connected to, matches the one for a modem/router. The one for my house. I was on the phone for 3 HOURS with NETGEAR today and he could no belive it. He had no idea what the heck.  Anyways, I have to take this to a repair show now. I have to get the OS wiped on my laptop, try to reinstall everything. Just to come back home and try to avoid this dang NSA agent or whoever he is. On my laptop which he has had full access to for 5 days I have medical records, drivers license, LITERALLY ALL MY INFO. Name, address, age, social security card, EVERYTHING. So I had to reach out to IC3 today, which I guess is like the FBI for computer crimes. As well as the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) because I am concerned about identity theft. This person takes screenshots on everything I do also. It is getting stalkerish and scary. Wish me luck. Anyone ever heard OF anything like this?? I do not know computers like that. I know what I know becuase I had to look it all up from this situatuon. So if you know about computers you might be amazed at what I show you. Keep in mind, NONE OF THOSE ARE MINE. If you look just one of them up.... They are meant to get into your network. 

I will be going to the local police tomorrow as well. I made sure to save my IC3 report onto my laptop so this horrible person could see it.

Thanks guys

Thanks,
Seth

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: nighthawk c7000v2, Scary situation (Legitimate intrusion)

Any progress on this? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7