× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

4G LTE Speed Expectations

kalbairav
Follower

4G LTE Speed Expectations

I just purchased a 4G LTE SIM card from T-Mobile for my Netgear M6 Pro as I wanted to see what speeds I would get using 4G. On my Laptop connected to my Comcast WIFI I'm getting 374MBps Down and 41MBps UP. When I connect to my Netgear device on 4G LTE I'm getting 35MBps DOWN and 17MBps UP.

Is this what should be expected for 4G speeds? I'll probably take this SIM card back and purchase a 5G plan. I was hoping I could save some money as there will be several days of the month when I won't even use this Hotspot. https://www.reddit.com/r/NETGEAR/comments/1643q3a/4g_lte_speed_expectations

Message 1 of 3
JT240Z
Luminary

Re: 4G LTE Speed Expectations

Which M6 Pro do you have?  Is it the MR6500 AT&T branded version or is it the Netgear branded MR6550?  It makes a big difference as to what to expect on the T-Mobile Network.  The MR6500 will have limited connectivity on the T-Mobile network.  The MR6550 will support all of T-Mobile's bands.

As for the speeds you're seeing with 4G LTE service, that's actually pretty good.  

Message 2 of 3
JT240Z
Luminary

Re: 4G LTE Speed Expectations

Forgot it may also be a Netgear M6 MR6150 as well.  Just let us know what you have.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7