× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: ADB and diagnostic port on MR2100

Transfluxor
Apprentice

ADB and diagnostic port on MR2100

Is anyone interested in how to enable ADB and a diagnostic port on the MR2100?

If I post this here, will I be banned or just deleted this message? To restore the MR2100, you can try to overwrite sections of the internal flash memory from those routers that are working normally. Of course, there is a risk of ruining the router, so before overwriting, you need to make backup copies of all your partitions. Especially EFS2. For now, you can try this method to restore routers that do not boot themselves, but boot if you do a forced reset with the button next to the battery. Perhaps after a while the EDL fire hose will work. Then it will be possible to flash routers that do not boot at all.

Message 1 of 4
Transfluxor
Apprentice

Okay, let's try. You are responsible for everything you do!
To switch the USB composition, you must enter the AT command.
The command can be entered, for example, via PuTTY. Before that, you need to connect the router to the PC and go to the main menu of the router on the web page.
In PuTTY, you need to select Telnet or Raw, set the IP address of the router through which you access its web page, set port 5510 and click "open". Next, you can enter the AT command.
To check the connection, you can enter the ATI command which will show information on the router.
Then you can see the current USB composition of the command AT !USBCOMP? Should be 68E1.
Next, you can already change the USB composition with the same command, but with the equal sign AT !USBCOMP=* instead of the asterisk, you must substitute the composition number. I am using 68E2_ADB. AT !USBCOMP=68E2_ADB
A space must be inserted after the AT prefix.

Changes to the USB composition will occur after the router is rebooted.
In general, there are a lot of compositions, I don’t know which ones will suit you. Whether all of them will work, I did not check.
If an incorrect composition is entered and you lose the opportunity to change it, you can simply reset the router to factory settings and the composition will automatically switch to the original 68E1.

Drivers for the appeared devices can be obtained by installing the Netgear Aircard driver package or the driver package from Qualcomm.

Message 2 of 4
arni7
Aspirant

I have locked MR1100 I can't get to telnet, do you know any method to restore it?

Message 3 of 4
Transfluxor
Apprentice

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7