× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Aircard 785s battery critical error

wskydave
Aspirant

Aircard 785s battery critical error

I recently tried to use my Aircard 785s for the first time for a couple of years, and found that it didn't work with the battery installed, but was fine when plugged into a 2 amp charger with no battery. I assumed the battery was dead and purchased a new replacement. When I tried to charge I immediately got a "Battery Temperature Critical" message, even though the battery was at room temperature. I installed the latest firmware (02:08:00:17) but still no luck. I've tried a factory reset and that doesn't work. I've tried putting the battery in the fridge for a while to cool it down, and then the device doesn't recognise it at all and shows the red plug instead of charging icon. If I press and hold the on/off button at this point a "No Battery" message appears. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Model: AirCard 785S (Telstra)|Telstra Pre-Paid 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate
Message 1 of 2
wskydave
Aspirant

Re: Aircard 785s battery critical error

Hey Netgear

Where are you? Is there anyone from Netgear monitoring this forum? This is obviously a software issue as the device works fine when plugged in with no battery, and it doesn't look I'm the only one with this problem. Where is the customer back up and service?

Model: AirCard 785S (Telstra)|Telstra Pre-Paid 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7