× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Aircard SD Memory Access from Android

UltraFusion
Aspirant

Aircard SD Memory Access from Android

I use an Aircard to get Internet access - works great - and I have put an SD mem chip in the Aircard and can (wifi) access the files on the chip from my PC without any problems.

I am also using an Android Tv box (Minix) and I use the same Aircard for the Minix's Internet access and would like to also be able access the files on the Aircard's SD memory...

But try as I might I can't get the Android unit to connect to the Aircard's SD slot...

To set up the wifi LAN connection - From the Minix you select a 'New' LAN connection then a log in window comes up and you inpuit teh IP Address you want to LAN to, then input a Username and Password... You can also select Anonymous...

I've tried various combos of User and Password and Annoymous etc ect and nothing works...

For Username I've tried the SSID and wifi p/w, the name aircard (which shows up in Admin details as the Hostname) and the Admin p/w (ie swiadmin) - I've also tried the Android device name that the Aircard connects to (ie. android. 76a87b44c...) -- but no luck...

Welcome any advice / suggestions...

------------------------------

NOTE - I originally posted this msg under the "Sharing" label but I think it is better placed here in "Troubleshooting".

Model: AirCard 763S (Rogers)|Rogers LTE Rocket Mobile Hotspot (AirCard 763S)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Aircard SD Memory Access from Android

Hello Ultrafusion

You may want to check pages 31 and 32.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/4111813_Rogers%20AirCard%20763S%20User%20Guide_r1.pdf

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
UltraFusion
Aspirant

Re: Aircard SD Memory Access from Android

Yeah thanks - have already scutinized the manual but it comes up short on suggesting what entries I'd need to make the connections ...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7