× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Aus- Telsta Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro - Ethernet port auto shut down even during usage

Chaox
Aspirant

Aus- Telsta Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro - Ethernet port auto shut down even during usage

Hi 

I am using the Aus-Telstra Nighthawk M6 Pro. The latest firmware which I can get was dated May 2022 and version ended with .38 (if i am not mistaken)

My device ethernet port always shutdown/inactive by itself after a period of time. This is not ONLY occurred when it's idle but also during the usage. 

Example of the incident

1) I could experience no network in the midst of usage

2) The cable network is not detectable after idle for a period of time. 

The WIFI is working fine but not the ethernet. And I always need to perform a reboot to fix the problem. ( sometime I need to recycle the power to fix the problem)

I had checked the setting and there isn't anything where I can set disable standby for ethernet. 

I believe a firmware can fix the problem but there is no where for me to download the latest firmware. 

Any clues to fix this? 

Message 1 of 2
SummerBerry
Aspirant

Re: Aus- Telsta Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro - Ethernet port auto shut down even during usage

I too have been having this INSANELY INFURIATING issue. I am on my Mac all day working on graphics, edits, etc and in the middle of working my M6 keeps sporadicly completely shutting OFF or rebooting. Ive tried everything you mentioned as well as removed battery and run the box on direct power supply. I have my M6 connected to a mesh wifi system to provide service throughout my business building and it has worked well until this week. I finally lost me crap and called AT&T and LUCKILY I still have warranty remaining. The device I currently have is my SECOND device as the first had to be replaced due to similar issues. I think this model is just JUNK and I will be upgrading as soon as I receive a non defective replacement. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7