× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Can R8500 connect to hot spot?

RLToth
Aspirant

Can R8500 connect to hot spot?

Is there a way to use a hotspot through my r8500 nighthawk router to connect to my smart tv?
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Can R8500 connect to hot spot?

Which hotspot? Some have an ethernet output or a way of adding an ethernet output. If it has that option, then you can either put the hotspot in passthrough mode or you put the R8500 in AP (access point) mode. 

Message 2 of 4
RLToth
Aspirant

Here's the dilemma, currently have Samsung s9s with hotspot. Connecting hotspots to smart tv does not seem to have enough bandwidth to fully support viewing without constant stopping and starting. Just wondering if I'm able to directly connect my phone hotspot to my r8500 nighthawk if that will stabilize or increase the signal to my smart tv to have uninterrupted viewing. If so, how do I get my phone to connect via the ethernet input connection on my nighthawk?
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

if the bottleneck is the phone, adding a router isn't going to make the cellular connection on the phone any faster. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7