× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

HP printer not connecting and Skype not working through DC112A cradle

NigelSH
Aspirant

HP printer not connecting and Skype not working through DC112A cradle

I have been using an Apple Airport as my local Wifi with a cable connected Netgear DC112A cradle and Aircard 810 for internet but want to decommission the Airport and just use the cradle with a hard drive as backup.

When I try to connect via the DC112A to Skype it wll not connect, also I can not get my HP Evny Priter to connect WiFi to the DC112A.

When I remove the Aircard810  from the cradle and switch the cradle off I can connect to Skype via the 810 and my printer connects wifi to the Aircard810 without a problem.

Is there a later version of firmware for the DC112A cradle that fixes these problems.

I cant even find a reference on the Netgear website as to the current firmware for the DC112A cradle

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: HP printer not connecting and Skype not working through DC112A cradle

Hello NigelSh

You will have to log into the cradle and check the for new firmware that way or if you have a cradle supplied from your ISP check with them on firmware updates.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
NigelSH
Aspirant

Re: HP printer not connecting and Skype not working through DC112A cradle

Hi DarrenM,

Thanks for the advice.

I was able to check that no updates are available for my  cradle.

Therefore this suggests I am running the current code and there is a bug that is preventing my HP envy priter from connecting WIiFi to the DC112A cradle.

This is the same as the problem I found on the AirCard810S when I first purchassed it which was eventually fixed by Netgear in a later code release.

Looks like there are not enough of the cradles around for worth making the same fix to the cradle firmware.

So I'm still linited to using my Airport as my local WiFi dispite having a very expensive DC112A cradle.

Regards

Nigel

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7