× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Hiding my network (SSID) Nighthawk M6 model MR6110

tiffanieee56
Aspirant

Hiding my network (SSID) Nighthawk M6 model MR6110

I am interested in hiding my network from others.  But if that can be done how do I access it? I have been all over the admin site and havent been able to find it......definitely a newby...thanks for your help in advance..

Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @tiffanieee56 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

1. From a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the Nighthawk M6, launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://192.168.1.1.
The Nighthawk M6 web page displays.
3. Enter the administrator login password.
The default password is printed on the product label. The password is case sensitive.
4. Go to Settings > General > WiFi Band > Uncheck "Broadcast WiFi Name SSID
- If you wish to hide the Wireless Information on the M6 LCD, uncheck "Display info on LCD"

5. Click Apply

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
tiffanieee56
Aspirant

Hi....wow I found you ...just wanted to thank you for your help...I realize now I should have told you that I know how to get into the admin site....sorry bout that and I have already asked this question on the forum but as a followup question ...how would I now sign into my wifi SSID now that it is hidden....do you go to "other networks and put it in manually? Thanks in advance...

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @tiffanieee56 

You would have to manually connect to the network by entering the Network Name, Security Type and Password. 

You may check this KB article: https://kb.netgear.com/30740/How-do-I-connect-to-a-hidden-network

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7