× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Hiding my network (SSID) Nighthawk M6 model MR6110

tiffanieee56
Aspirant

Hiding my network (SSID) Nighthawk M6 model MR6110

I am interested in hiding my network from others.  But if that can be done how do I access it? I have been all over the admin site and havent been able to find it......definitely a newby...thanks for your help in advance..

Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Hiding my network (SSID) Nighthawk M6 model MR6110

Hi @tiffanieee56 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

1. From a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the Nighthawk M6, launch a web browser.
2. Enter http://192.168.1.1.
The Nighthawk M6 web page displays.
3. Enter the administrator login password.
The default password is printed on the product label. The password is case sensitive.
4. Go to Settings > General > WiFi Band > Uncheck "Broadcast WiFi Name SSID
- If you wish to hide the Wireless Information on the M6 LCD, uncheck "Display info on LCD"

5. Click Apply

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
tiffanieee56
Aspirant

Hi....wow I found you ...just wanted to thank you for your help...I realize now I should have told you that I know how to get into the admin site....sorry bout that and I have already asked this question on the forum but as a followup question ...how would I now sign into my wifi SSID now that it is hidden....do you go to "other networks and put it in manually? Thanks in advance...

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @tiffanieee56 

You would have to manually connect to the network by entering the Network Name, Security Type and Password. 

You may check this KB article: https://kb.netgear.com/30740/How-do-I-connect-to-a-hidden-network

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7