× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

INighthawk M6 International Roaming Captive Admin Portal

ssprayberry
Follower

INighthawk M6 International Roaming Captive Admin Portal

I have a Nighthawk M6 mobile hotspot through AT&T with an international roaming plan. When the device is in the United States if works flawlessly, SSID pops up you enter the SSID password and connectivity is established. When the device in outside of the US, using a laptop or other mobile device, you click on the SSID and instead of prompting for the SSID password it redirects to a captive admin portal asking for the device admin credentials and want let you connect. I don't understand where the captive portal is coming from and why it doesn't behave the same as when the device is in the US, i.e. just prompting for the SSID password. This device is a corporate owned device and providing the users with the admin credentials is a no go. Does anyone have any idea why it would be redirecting to the admin portal when attempting to connect to the SSID internationally?

Rebooting and/or reseating the SIM card does not fix the issue, AT&T support has been contacted and they have tried pushing a signal to the device to no avail and their support is pretty much useless after that.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7