× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Just installed Netgear M5 Mobile Router. I have some mysterious MAC addresses in the device list.

DiggerDawson
Aspirant

Just installed Netgear M5 Mobile Router. I have some mysterious MAC addresses in the device list.

I have a Netgear M5 Mobile Router connected to the Telstra (Australia) 5G network.

I have a Netgear Extender in another room where this PC lives. This PC is connected to the Extender by an Ethernet cable. I have a list of the MAC addresses of all my devices. So far I can see the following via the Netgear M App (I'm showing here the last 4 digits of MAC address displayed on M5 App):

---C1.C5 I recognise this as the MAC address for the FETCH box (TV streaming device),

---6A.05 I recognise this as the MAC address of the Extender, but

---6A.06 ?

---A8.AB ?

---8F.1E ?

Via the regular Netgear App, the Extender reports the following devices attached to it:

---C1.C5 again the FETCH box at 2.4G

---81.1E I recognise this as my iPad 5 mini (but its MAC address finishes with 98.8F)

---A8.AB Internet Access (it shows the name of my network, so that might be the M5?)

---A8.AB App reports this as my wired PC

So, I'm a bit confused. Can anyone explain what this is telling me? And what the unknown ones might be?

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7