× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 Download speed is poor when compared to mobile.

dude9012
Aspirant

LB2120 Download speed is poor when compared to mobile.

Hi everyone.

I purchased last year a Netgear LB2120 to use in the UK with a Vodafone UK Sim Card.

I have been getting on resonably well with the device although never managed to reach the same download speeds as my phone with the same sim card in it (90mb/s download) where as the same sim in the LB2120 produces around 20-30mb/s tops.

Although recently I updated the device and now I am getting around 10-20mb/s also the power LED is flashing green all other LEDs are green and solid (5 bars signal and the LAN bar). After having checked in the manual it states it will flash amber for an issue but not green.

I am not sure it makes a difference but I am using the modem in bridge mode with a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 doing the hard work.

Can anyone help shed any light on either why the power light is flashing green or why it's not even close to the same sim in my phone with regards to download speeds?

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 4
dude9012
Aspirant

Re: LB2120 Download speed is poor when compared to mobile.

Firmware:

Message 2 of 4
ndunlavey
Aspirant

Hi @dude9012 - I can't help with your speed, except to say I would be overjoyed with 30Mbps 🙂

I have an LB2120 and a Vodafone PAYG SIM, but I cannot get any sense out of Vodafone about what I have to do to get the SIM working in the device.  They keep wanting to take me through security, which fails because I don't have the SIM in a phone.

How do I get this set up, and how do I check what my data balance is on the device once it is set up?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
september1983
Aspirant

LB2120 download and upload speed is poor when compared to mobile.

Hi everyone.

I have been getting on resonably well with the device although never managed to reach the same download speeds as my phone with the same sim card where as the same sim in the LB2120 produces more than 60% speed loss.

Although recently I updated the device and now I am getting around 3-8mb/s also the power LED is flashing green all other LEDs are green and solid (5 bars signal and the LAN bar).

Thanks in advance,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7