× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200 - Won't connect to correct APN

DancingSamurai
Aspirant

LM1200 - Won't connect to correct APN

Hello,

I am trying to get the Netgear LM1200 to connect to the Internet via my mobile provider (Rogers).  I have a tablet SIM with a data plan and a static IP.

When I plug the SIM into the LM1200 device, it connects (LTE light green) pretty instantly. But - It has the dynamic / private IP assigned by the provider as it connects to the default internet APN.

I was told by them to change the APN to a different one to be assigned the static IP. Which I did, but then the LM1200 doesn't connect to mobile internet at all (LTE light is solid RED).

If I add the SIM to my cell phone and use the APN provided by my ISP (staticip.apn), it connects fine and I get the correct IP. Plug the SIM back into the netgear modem though... nada. (it again connects just fine to a dynamic, private IP when I put the APN back to the default one)

Has anyone had this issue before? Any suggestions on how to fix it? The cellular provider is disclaiming all responsibility as it works with the cell phone they provide so they claim it's not their problem.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

DancingSamurai

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DancingSamurai
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 - Won't connect to correct APN

To reply to my own post - problem solved.

The issue was the ISP had given me the wrong kind of static IP - one that only worked for 3G devices/connections. So the short term solution was to set the LM1200 to "WCDMA" instead of "Auto" for the network, and instant connection! (albeit at 1996 speeds - 10Mbit down 600kbps upload... yuck).

Once the customer service guys are back in the office, they'll switch my account to an LTE static IP so I can get full speeds.

Hopefully this post saves someone else 3 hours of their life... *sigh*. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DancingSamurai
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 - Won't connect to correct APN

To reply to my own post - problem solved.

The issue was the ISP had given me the wrong kind of static IP - one that only worked for 3G devices/connections. So the short term solution was to set the LM1200 to "WCDMA" instead of "Auto" for the network, and instant connection! (albeit at 1996 speeds - 10Mbit down 600kbps upload... yuck).

Once the customer service guys are back in the office, they'll switch my account to an LTE static IP so I can get full speeds.

Hopefully this post saves someone else 3 hours of their life... *sigh*. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7