× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LM1200 - cannot connect to WebUI and also no cellular connection

samodelkin
Aspirant

LM1200 - cannot connect to WebUI and also no cellular connection

Hello - I'm trying to set up a new LM1200 using RedPocket SIM (T-mobile compatible with a 1-year plan) and I'm having problems all around...

• The modem doesn't seem to establish the cellular connection - the cell light is red. I did verify that the SIM is active and working (popped it into a phone to verify), so it's not a SIM.
  • Even more annoyingly, I cannot connect to the WebUI. The modem is connected to the LAN via the LAN port, LAN light is green, the router (Eero w/ DHCP) sees the device and assigns it IP 192.168.5.1 but I cannot connect to it via HTTP(S), getting "unreachable." (Neither can I ping the aforementioned address).

Is there something I'm missing? Is there some trick involved? Any help would be welcome!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
samodelkin
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 - cannot connect to WebUI and also no cellular connection

UPDATE: all problems resolved.

• Regarding inability to get to WebUI, it was due to connecting it into the LAN in a wrong way (the device acts as a bridge/router, not as a client). Connecting a dedicated computer to the LAN port allowed me to access the UI at 192.168.1.5
  • Lack of cellular connectivity was due to the inability of the device to set the APN. Setting it manually enabled cellular connectivity.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
samodelkin
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 - cannot connect to WebUI and also no cellular connection

UPDATE: all problems resolved.

• Regarding inability to get to WebUI, it was due to connecting it into the LAN in a wrong way (the device acts as a bridge/router, not as a client). Connecting a dedicated computer to the LAN port allowed me to access the UI at 192.168.1.5
  • Lack of cellular connectivity was due to the inability of the device to set the APN. Setting it manually enabled cellular connectivity.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7