× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M1100 Internet Access needs action to be granted

Beate
Initiate

M1100 Internet Access needs action to be granted

M1100 - 100 Nighthawk M1

Vodafone Greece sends an interactive message direct to the screen (of a smartphone, tablet e.g.) to confirm the SIM card, every first time it is used in a device. On my smartphone everything works fine.

When I try to use the SIM card in my Nighthawk M1100, I use the WIFI of the router to connect with my laptop via https to the router. The APN ist correct, Vodafone Greece is shown, but there is not internet connection. This WiFi needs an action to be performed on the site of Vodafone (to confirm the SIM). But as there is no internet available on the routers WiFi yet, I cannot connect to Vodafone's site on the internet ...

When I change to a different WiFi on my laptop to connect the internet, the message of the routers WiFi to perform the action is gone.

It seems there is no solution to activate the internet on the internet with an WiFi connection with no internet?

What do I not understandt?

Message 1 of 3
cgigate
Aspirant

Re: M1100 Internet Access needs action to be granted

Either your account has limitation to use hotspot device, or the device blocked data access ,or APN....

I found  a service from eBay that may help you to resolve the problem https://www.ebay.com/itm/256110845571

Message 2 of 3
Beate
Initiate

Re: M1100 Internet Access needs action to be granted

After endless discussions with the Internet-Expert-Support of Vodafone 😂

I went to a store and it was so easy: the automated detected APN of Vodafone greece was incorrect. If I had a hint on this, I could have checked it myself. But I was misslead by this interactive message ... The PIN request must be disabled also, what I already had. (just for others, having the same problem)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7