× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M6 Pro MR6550 Faulty Power Adapter

nastor5
Follower

M6 Pro MR6550 Faulty Power Adapter

I got a M6 Pro Unlocked MR6550 for a US colleague, and when using the original power brick and cable, the nighthawk doesn’t boot and says “use the supplied power adapter when operating without battery”. Which is funny because it is the original power adapter and cable.

I’m getting a new power adapter from Netgear, but I’m curious:

Could someone do me a slot and send a pic of their M6 Pro US power adapter. Specifically the text part that has the input output info.

Has anyone experienced this?

Message 1 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: M6 Pro MR6550 Faulty Power Adapter

@nastor5 wrote:

I got a M6 Pro Unlocked MR6550 for a US colleague, and when using the original power brick and cable, the nighthawk doesn’t boot and says “use the supplied power adapter when operating without battery”. Which is funny because it is the original power adapter and cable.

I’m getting a new power adapter from Netgear, but I’m curious:

Could someone do me a slot and send a pic of their M6 Pro US power adapter. Specifically the text part that has the input output info.

Has anyone experienced this?

Sent PM to you. Please check. I would like to get your set of USB cable and PA back to check.

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please check your PM and reply to me?

Thanks

John

Message 3 of 8
ASG2662
Initiate

I'm having the same problem as well. Seems like the OEM charger isn't giving the output required. Please advise. 

Message 4 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@ASG2662 wrote:

I'm having the same problem as well. Seems like the OEM charger isn't giving the output required. Please advise. 

Could you please detail what is the issues you are experiencing with the PA or USB cable?

1. Are you using the device without battery or with battery?

2. The device can't be charged or slow to charge?

3. Have you confirmed this is PA issue or USB cable issue?

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
liviux
Aspirant

Same here. My M6 worked fine until this weekend when I applied the latest update to it. It rebooted a few times through the update process. Now that the update is in place, it gives the same message "Use the supplied power adapter when operating without battery" If I put the battery in, it does start, but does not seem to be charging. Very frustrating.

Message 6 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@liviux wrote:

Same here. My M6 worked fine until this weekend when I applied the latest update to it. It rebooted a few times through the update process. Now that the update is in place, it gives the same message "Use the supplied power adapter when operating without battery" If I put the battery in, it does start, but does not seem to be charging. Very frustrating.

Could you please confirm you are using the same PA as shipped with the device, or you are using a third party PA?

If it is 3rd party, could you please provide the brand and model of the PA?

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
liviux
Aspirant

It's the original one. And the cable as well.

I tried several others I have in the house, from a few phones, even one from a laptop. Same message.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7