× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

M6 not connecting to 5G

d4bbott
Aspirant

M6 not connecting to 5G

MR6110-1A1NAS. HW Version 1.0  FW Version NTGX65_10.01.22.01 

All cellular devices in my household recognize the 5G cellular network. My Nighthawk M6 will not allow the 5G settings for the APN. It acts like there are too many characters. The 5G APN is ATT NR Broadband, it will stop at Broadban. I've tried no spaces, still no luck. I've reset, done a hard reset, removed and reinstalled SIM card. The SIM was previously in an M1 but ATT recognizes the M6 as a 5G device in my devices. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
d4bbott
Aspirant

Re: M6 not connecting to 5G

I broke down and took everything to a local AT&T store. They confirmed that I had done everything right, the device is a 5G device, and I have 5G service where I live. They also confirmed that this was not the first time they had heard of such an issue. Turned out to be a SIM card issue. They took a new SIM card, provisioned it to a 5G device in the store, installed it into the M6, and now I have 5G service with my hotspot. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
madiwilly
Tutor

Are you doing this through the app or on your browser? 

I use my browser and it seems to still work as of the latest update. 

To navigate in your browser on a PC go to http://192.168.1.1/ 
Then go to Settings>Advanced>Cellular
You should be able to edit the APN from there.

I am using the APN "broadband" and still get 5G on the AT&T network. You can also try "nrbroadband" though. They both seem to do the same thing on my router.

Also, make sure you are doing the APN Name as "ATT NRBroadband", and the actual APN is just "nrbroadband".

Message 2 of 5
madiwilly
Tutor

Attached to this is an example of my APN settings.

Message 3 of 5
d4bbott
Aspirant

I've tried both the app and desktop with no luck. I've also tried every combination of APN I can imagine. I've tried your configuration also with zero connectivity.

Thank you for helping. 

Message 4 of 5
d4bbott
Aspirant

I broke down and took everything to a local AT&T store. They confirmed that I had done everything right, the device is a 5G device, and I have 5G service where I live. They also confirmed that this was not the first time they had heard of such an issue. Turned out to be a SIM card issue. They took a new SIM card, provisioned it to a 5G device in the store, installed it into the M6, and now I have 5G service with my hotspot. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7