× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 Ethernet Without Battery

bserzega
Aspirant

MR1100 Ethernet Without Battery

Hello,

I'm trying to use a Nighthawk without the battery installed (It will be powered off a vehicle mounted PC and I don't want it to stay on once the PC is turned off). Whenever I take out the battery the ethernet stops working. Wi-Fi and I believe tethering still work. 

Is this intended behavior? Is there any way to run ethernet without a battery?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Cricket-user
Guide

Re: MR1100 Ethernet Without Battery

Make sure your setting for Ethernet standby is disabled (Under Setup/Mobile Router setup).

Also ensure that your supplied power when battery is removed is sufficient. Some computers USB ports may not provide enough. Yes when you remove all power with battery out the unit is inoperable. I run mine that way with timer to have it off overnight and back on in the daytime. 

Message 2 of 3
bserzega
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 Ethernet Without Battery

Hi,

It does have standby disabled.

From what I've seen PC USB ports are typically 0.5A to 0.9A ~5V. I did see somewhere else on here that this device is looking for more power than that but can't find that info right now though the wall charger is 2.0A. I'm starting to suspect this is the issue and perhaps it just doesn't have the power for all functionality.

I suppose I'll need to use the supplied charger if possible (outlets are unfortunately difficult to obtain in this vehicle).

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7