× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 Firmware Version 12.06.11.00 - No Upload Firmware Button

RNispiros
Aspirant

MR1100 Firmware Version 12.06.11.00 - No Upload Firmware Button

I have an AT&T Nighthawk M1 and am trying to update the firmware.  Even though admin web console says that the device is already up-to-date, when I come here to the Netgear site the actual latest version is 12.06.11.00.

The version I have is NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14. From the attached picture, you will see that I do not have a Upload Firmware option. I searched this community and saw someone posted a solution, which involves downloading different applications and using Putty, which I don't know how to us.

I am guessing my version is an AT&T firmware version.  I'd like to always have the latest version, but still be on a carrier supported device.  I'm open to suggestions on how to upgrade my firmware.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
RNispiros
Aspirant

Re: MR1100 Firmware Version 12.06.11.00 - No Upload Firmware Button

If needed my PRI is 04.06 build date 2020/01/24.

Message 2 of 4
icaruspony
Luminary

There are two different branches of the firmware, AT&T and generic.

The version you are on is the latest AT&T one.

The one you are trying to change to is the generic branch. If you flash over to the generic branch, you lose functionality (like LAA and possibly band 14).

To make matters worse, AT&T does not make their branch of firmware available. This means if you flash generic firmware, you can't go back, and you lose the specialized functionality, forever.

But if you want to do it, you can connect via USB, and telnet to port 5510 and issue a few commands to do this.
Message 3 of 4
RNispiros
Aspirant

Thanks for confirming the two branches. That’s what I concluded based on other treads here.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7