× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 boot loop

hmhaga
Tutor

MR1100 boot loop

After enabling IP passthrough, the web interface would no longer save settings (apply button turned read). I then performed a factory reset, After the factory reset, the MR1100 is in an infinite boot loop. The reset button is ignored, I've tried it at varying stages of the boot process. Yes, I'm holding it for 10 seconds (and more). I've tried with battery and power, only battery, only power. I've left it for a full 24 hours, even 2 days.

(The only exciting things taking place is a bug landing on the screen)

Any other ways to get it alive? 

Message 1 of 8

ippassthrough requires mobile provider side changes to work.
if you cant get ip passthrough to work it's because you're dynamically being assigned a non-bridgeable external IP. 
Only your mobile data service provider can make changes on their side to enable the use of your
enabled IP passthrough tickbox.

your best bet is to deny your providers DNS and to go straight to a VPN with all of your traffic requests at router level not modem. 

Message 2 of 8
hmhaga
Tutor

I know that IP passthrough might not work with cellular, but I wanted to try to eliminate the Deco M5 mesh as a simple access point, which disables most of its feature. What I expected to happen, was that the Deco M5 would query the cellular provider for its IP-address.

Anyhow, nothing works now with the MR1100 stuck in a boot loop. I can't reconfigure it.

Message 3 of 8
hmhaga
Tutor

I'm still waiting for a solution on this one. Way too expensive hardware to simply go into a boot loop for no logical reason!

Message 4 of 8
Flintenstein
Aspirant

Same here... entered boot loop last night in the middle of a movie. Hard reset does nothing. Unit is 2 years old- did Netgear push an update that bricked the device?
Message 5 of 8
hmhaga
Tutor

With product support is only valid for 90 days after purchase, the only option to resolve this issue is through the community? So I have to scrap a $800 device after only 3 years?

Message 6 of 8

Exactly. Product deserves lifetime support but that doesnt align well when your internal engineers are paid to internally code QOS algorithms to prevent the expected use and capabilities of sold hardware's network bandwidth capacity from full blast down to just a trickle all in the name of our protection and safety but we all know what is really going on. Big brother is hard at work here, it is time to leave Netgear products forever.
Message 7 of 8
hmhaga
Tutor

The MR1100 was sent to a electronic repair facility, but they could not fix it. More electronic garbage due to bad quality. 

The mobile network operator (Telia Norway), who I bought the MR1100 from initially, came to the rescue. They replaced it with a LBR20, free of charge. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7