× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR6150 locked to only 4g Bands

anjesh
Tutor

MR6150 locked to only 4g Bands

Bought a MR6150 for the 5g network capability, but once I upgraded the firmware to NTGX65_12.01.31.00, I have lost the ability to select 5G networks only.

I have tried looking for the older firmware download, Firmware Version 10.04.22.00. This firmware gave me the option to select 5g only. On the site it shows the version is available for download but when clicking download it only links to the release notes with no option to download.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 9.49.04 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 9.49.25 AM.png

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/mr6150#download

Overall I'm just disappointed with netgear.

Message 1 of 4

Re: MR6150 locked to only 4g Bands

Same issue. Been working with T1 Jerry Tech support who has been playing intermediary with T2/T3 support engineers. 
Jerry offered to give me a Canada address to send my existing MR6150 to and in exchange Jerry would send me a new MR6150 with the latest 12. firmware. 

I explained I do not want the 12 update I want the old 10 firmware for testing.
I explained the old firmware gives me 200Mbps down 20Mbps up the new firmware gives me 20Mbps down 4Mbps up.
Netgear explained to me the old firmware will break my box so I can have a new box with the newest firmware available or I can update my existing box or I can use the current firmware which has been updated on my box and can no longer be rolled back to previous version. I explained that I could purchase a product online and have it shipped new with the old firmware still on it and everything would work to the point of allowing me to test the 10 firmware. 

But I don't want to spend $1000 on a new product just to test old firmware. 
Netgear Jerry offered a new MR6150 with the newest 12 firmware again.
I said I'd rather just go throw my MR6150 in the street if I cannot have ownership over it I do not want it. 

Message 2 of 4
anjesh
Tutor

tagging

@JohnPeng 

Message 3 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@MyFriendSanta wrote:

Same issue. Been working with T1 Jerry Tech support who has been playing intermediary with T2/T3 support engineers. 
Jerry offered to give me a Canada address to send my existing MR6150 to and in exchange Jerry would send me a new MR6150 with the latest 12. firmware. 

I explained I do not want the 12 update I want the old 10 firmware for testing.
I explained the old firmware gives me 200Mbps down 20Mbps up the new firmware gives me 20Mbps down 4Mbps up.
Netgear explained to me the old firmware will break my box so I can have a new box with the newest firmware available or I can update my existing box or I can use the current firmware which has been updated on my box and can no longer be rolled back to previous version. I explained that I could purchase a product online and have it shipped new with the old firmware still on it and everything would work to the point of allowing me to test the 10 firmware. 

But I don't want to spend $1000 on a new product just to test old firmware. 
Netgear Jerry offered a new MR6150 with the newest 12 firmware again.
I said I'd rather just go throw my MR6150 in the street if I cannot have ownership over it I do not want it. 

Sorry for replying late. I would like to work with you to find out why the new release gave you poor data performance. It will help us to improve in the next release.

Please send me a model.json file for check.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Thanks

John

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements