× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear AirCard 762s - Can I connect through tethering to Kindle eReader (instead of WiFi)?

rob_fivg-harms
Follower

Netgear AirCard 762s - Can I connect through tethering to Kindle eReader (instead of WiFi)?

Hello all,

can you please advice me, is it possible to connect my AirCard 762s with a "Kindle" eReader (any generation) (or similar, e.g. Kobo eReader or Onyx Boox Max2 etc) to be able to use the internet functions on the "Kindle" through the AirCard 762s through tethering? I don't want to use the WiFi, based on reasons for not wanting to affect the environment where I am too much.

My thoughts so far have been:

- using a microUSB to microUSB cable to just directly cable into the "Kindle" (or other eReader)

- using a microUSB to Ethernet adapter and then use another Ethernet to microUSB adapter on the other end (probably won't increase my chances that the internet signal is detected as tethering in the eReader?

Do I have to activate any special settings in the airCard to make these things work?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Model: AirCard 762S (Unlocked Retail)|4G Mobile Hotspot – Unlocked (AC762S-100EUS)
Message 1 of 2
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear AirCard 762s - Can I connect through tethering to Kindle eReader (instead of WiFi)?

I don't think this will work. The ebook readers don't have the drivers to support the tethering operation with AC762.

Model: AirCard 762S (Unlocked Retail)|4G Mobile Hotspot – Unlocked (AC762S-100EUS)
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7