× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro (MR6450) Ethernet IPv6

kwahthgin
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro (MR6450) Ethernet IPv6

I am running firmware NTGX65_10.04.25.00 and notice that WiFi clients have IPv6 working but Ethernet clients have not. I just upgraded firmware today and only use device sporadically for work abroad. I bought the device a month ago (for next work trip next week) and I believe I tested IPv6 did work with previous firmware, but I cannot be sure (since WiFi works when both WiFi and Ethernet connected so maybe I tested wrong). I tested multiple devices today. Note that an IPv6 address is given and also a link-local default route. But v6 ping and all other v6 test fail over Ethernet-only (as opposed over WiFi-only where they succeed). Can someone comment or confirm or deny or test this for similar conditions please? Thanks.

I can provide wireshark pcap files for working WiFi and not working Ethernet pings

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
kwahthgin
Aspirant

update

firmware NTGX65_12.01.05.00 has fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
kwahthgin
Aspirant

Note that I do not see any switch in GUI to turn IPv6 on/off anymore.

So If anyone has IPv6 working Ethernet only (I mean WiFi off) on client, please raise a hand so we can compare.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
kwahthgin
Aspirant

update

firmware NTGX65_12.01.05.00 has fixed the issue.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7