× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netvear nighthawk m6 pro: is this a hotspot? All I need to get internet in a rural location?

vacumjh
Aspirant

Netvear nighthawk m6 pro: is this a hotspot? All I need to get internet in a rural location?

I don’t know crap about this stuff but I’m looking for a way to get internet in a rural location. Will this Nighthawk work as a hotspot? What are average speeds compared to fiber?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netvear nighthawk m6 pro: is this a hotspot? All I need to get internet in a rural location?

Yes the M6 is a hotspot. The speeds depend on your cellular ISP coverage. So that all depends on the area and cellular service. not something we can answer. You might check on a few things. 

1. your isp's coverage

2. the data limit. many cellular providers limit data

3. Starlink coverage. You might have the option of starlink. The benefit is the ability to use more data if that's a concern. 

Message 2 of 4

Re: Netvear nighthawk m6 pro: is this a hotspot? All I need to get internet in a rural location?

@vacumjh wrote:

What are average speeds compared to fiber?

What are you looking for?

Every Internet service has optical fibre in it somewhere. The question is how near it gets to you? Front door? Cabinet up the road?

If the fibre arrives at the front door, then it can be 1000 Mbps of faster and mobile isn't likely to get anywhere near that.

Message 3 of 4
vacumjh
Aspirant

@vacumjh wrote:

I don’t know crap about this stuff but I’m looking for a way to get internet in a rural location. Will this Nighthawk work as a hotspot? What are average speeds compared to fiber?

i got this... https://vidmate.bid/ 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7